Iron Hands Space Marines 40k painting dark angels Grey Knights Tau Scratchbuild NOVA Open Infinity Dreadnoughts WIP terrain librarian 30k Deathwing airbrush dark eldar Infinity the game warhammer Malifaux Xenos greenstuff hobby plasticard space marine terminator zenithal Adepticon Ariadna Autocannon Haqqislam Imperial Guard Interrogator-Chaplain Lion's Blade Mathhammer Rifleman Stormbird Titan army building bases battle company battle report counts-as force weapons master of the forge tactics 3d printing 6th Edition Age of Sigmar Apocalypse Blood Angels Chaos Da Boyz GT Emperor's Children Grotesques Landspeeder OSL Orks Razorback Resin Casting Scouts Scratch build Shapeways arbites codex review eldar fantasy high elves inquisition molds review 40k BBQ Adeptus Custodes AoS Astra Militarum BBQ Battleground Bikes Black Knights Blood of Kittens Cadre Fireblade Capital Palette Clash Comp Comp Deathwing Knights Display Board Doubles Dreamforge Eisenkern Elysian Escalation F.A.T. Mat Fallen Hoffman Horus Heresy Land Raider Crusader Lysander MDF Mig weathering powder 40k Onslaught GT Pathfinders Praetor Predator Riptide Space Wolves Stormraven Stronghold Assault Techmarine Teddy Typhoon Veterans Vulkan Warriors of Chaos archon astartes bike blending chaos marines color scheme custodes dark angels codex dark angels list ferrus manus forgeworld genestealer cults gesso hurricane bolters infinity kazak ariadna lakes land raider landspeeders laser cut marines mega battle miracles. object source lighting photography ponds rhno salamanders superheavy techmarine. thunderhawk tigurius wet-blend

Thursday, June 30, 2011

I received my bases form Dragon Forge Design today and couldn't resist getting right into them.

After reading through Forgeworld's Tanks Masterclass book, I picked up what is now an obvious technique. I used double sided tape to hold all of the bases on a piece of cardboard and did all my painting and prep work there.

I primed the bases with P3 white primer and airbrushed them GW Graveyard Earth and applied a coat of Testors Glosscotte. I then took advantage of the capillary action of diluted oil paint to wash the crevices of the bases. Once they were dry I drybrushed GW Bleached Bone followed by a small amount of GW Astronimicon Grey. I added a few spots of Mig pigments; some black blast marks since these guys are only going to be in warzones and two different colors of rust on the few bases with metal items. Finally I gave them a coat of Testors Dullcotte and ended with this.

Back to the terminators now I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment