Labels

Iron Hands Space Marines 40k painting dark angels Grey Knights Tau Scratchbuild Infinity NOVA Open Dreadnoughts WIP terrain librarian Deathwing airbrush dark eldar Infinity the game warhammer 30k Malifaux Xenos greenstuff hobby plasticard space marine terminator zenithal Adepticon Ariadna Autocannon Haqqislam Imperial Guard Interrogator-Chaplain Lion's Blade Mathhammer Rifleman Stormbird Titan army building bases battle company battle report counts-as force weapons master of the forge tactics 3d printing 6th Edition Age of Sigmar Apocalypse Blood Angels Chaos Da Boyz GT Grotesques Landspeeder OSL Orks Razorback Resin Casting Scouts Scratch build Shapeways arbites codex review eldar fantasy high elves inquisition molds review 40k BBQ AoS Astra Militarum BBQ Battleground Bikes Black Knights Blood of Kittens Cadre Fireblade Capital Palette Clash Comp Comp Deathwing Knights Display Board Doubles Dreamforge Eisenkern Elysian Emperor's Children Escalation F.A.T. Mat Fallen Hoffman Horus Heresy Land Raider Crusader Lysander MDF Mig weathering powder 40k Onslaught GT Pathfinders Praetor Predator Riptide Space Wolves Stormraven Stronghold Assault Techmarine Teddy Typhoon Veterans Vulkan Warriors of Chaos archon astartes bike chaos marines color scheme custodes dark angels codex dark angels list forgeworld genestealer cults gesso hurricane bolters infinity kazak ariadna lakes land raider landspeeders laser cut marines mega battle miracles. object source lighting photography ponds rhno superheavy techmarine. thunderhawk tigurius wet-blend

Sunday, January 5, 2014

The Arcane Ruins are ready for the battlefield

I've Had the Games Workshop Arcane Ruins model kit sitting around with a brown base-coat for literally years, so today I decided to check it off the to-do list. Here are a few shot's of the finished product with a nearly completed GK Strike Marine for contrast. All told it only took about 3 hours to finish up, so I feel kinda stupid to have ignored it for so damn long.

I used a Krylon spray that is almost an exact match for the old citadel Graveyard Earth for the base color (I don't remember the new citadel color equivalent, maybe Steel Legion Drab?) followed by an airbrush shading with some Charadon Granite (perhaps my favorite GW paint color ever). I then airbrushed some highlights with a mix of Bleached Bone and Steel Legion Drab, and ended with a light drybrushing using Citadel Dry:Terminatus Stone with very pleasing results. I really didn't think I'd find the new Citadel Dry paints very useful but they seem to work great on terrain for my purposes.

I think I'll try to give my Citadel Wood Kit, that's been sitting around for the same amount of time, some TLC while I'm on a roll.




3 comments:

  1. Love the little bits of growth, very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks great. I really like the variety of colours you incorporated into your stonework. It looks very natural and is interesting to look at. So much nicer than gray on gray. The vegetation adds that little bit more. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys, this set of scenery was an exercise in painting shortcuts. I took my time airbrushing, but I think the drybrushing really pulls the whole thing together.

    ReplyDelete